Rev. Richard Kimani taught us about Embracing God's Transformative Call
We read from the book of Judges 6:1-20
– The book of Judges highlights a recurring cycle of Israel's disobedience, suffering, repentance, and God's deliverance.
– Our focus today is on Gideon's encounter with God's transformative call.
Key Notes 📝
1. God's Gracious and Merciful Nature:
– Israel's disobedience led to seven years of oppression under Midianites.
– Despite their rebellion, God's grace and mercy shine through.
– Our challenges don't define God's nature; He seeks to restore and deliver.
2. Our Identity vs. God's Perspective:
– Gideon's introduction as a “mighty man of valor” seems at odds with his circumstances.
– What you call yourself is not what God calls you.
– Our identity is rooted in God's perspective, not our shortcomings.
3. Equipped for the Task:
– God's call is accompanied by His empowerment.
– Gideon questioned his ability, but God assured him of His presence.
– The God who calls you will also equip you.
4. Confronting Laziness and Exploring Giftings:
– God's call requires action, not complacency.
– Laziness can hinder us from fulfilling God's purpose.
– Gideon's story teaches us to explore the giftings God has bestowed upon us.
5. Embracing God's View of Our Identity:
– Gideon's self-doubt was rooted in his perception of himself.
– God's view of us is far greater than we imagine.
– What you think you are is not what God thinks you are.
What we should do
– Embrace your true identity in God's eyes.
– Recognize that God's call on your life is accompanied by His provision and empowerment.
– Don't let laziness or self-doubt hinder you from stepping into God's purpose.
– Explore and utilize the giftings that God has placed within you.
– Just as God transformed Gideon's identity and empowered him, He can transform us.
– Our response to God's call shapes our destiny and impacts those around us.
– Let's leave today with a renewed understanding of God's transformative call and a determination to embrace it fully.
At Karen roundabout, turn to the Karen-Ngong road. 200m in, take a turn to your right into a marram road just before the signage written Dojo. The entrance is the 2nd one on your right.
Public means 111, alight at Karen shopping center
Link to Location: https://bit.ly/dcnlocation
▶️ To give tithes and offering, kindly use MPESA Paybill 852239, Account is your purpose for giving.
▶️ To redeem Buy-a-Brick pledges, kindly use MPESA Paybill 505255.
Buy a Brick Website & progress: https://dcngongrd.org/buy-a-brick/
Also find us on:
Keep the conversation going on social media and also share these messages with your family and friends.
God bless you.